Second Quarterly Review Meeting for RI District 3272 was held on Friday, 04 December 2020 at Avari Hotel, Lahore.
TRF Trustee/ National Chair PNPPC Aziz Memon
DG Tazeem Ahmad
PDG Saeed Shamsi
PDG Iftikhar Ahmed
PDG Pervaiz Ahsan
PDG Sajid Bhatti
AG Nosherwan Khalil Khan
Asher Ali – Project Manager
DGE Saifullah Ejaz- Quarantined due to COVID 19
DGN Adnan S. Rohaila- Out of Country
CDG Rauf Rohaila – Official commitment in Supreme Court
Rtn. Khurshid Khan- Could not attend due to a fire in his Pharmacy
Minutes of the Meeting:
1) National Chair initiated the session by welcoming all participants and discussed the last review meeting minutes and approved.
2) PDG Saeed Shamsi opened the meeting with Tilawat
3) Prayers were offered for Trustee Halepoto who passed away last week due to COVID 19.
4) Prayers were also offered for speedy recovery of PDG Mir Arif who is diagnosed as throat cancer and AG Muhammad Hanif who is suffering from chest infection due to COVID 19.
5) DG Tazeem Ahmed spoke on Rotary Clubs in his districts carried out many events on World Polio Day. He said his club made Helmets with Rotary and polio logos as a part of the Road Safety Campaign for the Lahore Traffic police. A meeting is also scheduled with district administration Lahore to plan more polio eradication activities.
6) Trustee/National Chair said that the November NIDs may achieve more targets this time. The environmental samples from many sites in Lahore and Southern Punjab were discussed. PDG Saeed Shamsi said it is alarming but due to lack of consistency in transfer and posting of Deputy Commissioners it has become hard to control the situation.
Review meeting Action Plan:
PDG Saeed Shamsi suggested circulating minutes of the last review meeting two days earlier. He also suggested in view of COVID 19 pandemic virtual meetings should be planned in future.
National Chair said in Zoom meeting we will invite Team Leads of WHO and UNICEF. He said we have improved our performance and there are no more cases of vaccine derived. The WHO experts said there is no need for Novel vaccine in Pakistan, however trivalent will be prepared especially for Pakistan to cover WPV and Vaccine Derived cases.
Compensation to Slain policeman in Bannu
One policeman who is deputed with the polio team was gunned down in Bannu. National Chair said, ‘IPPC approved compensation of Rs 200,000 for the family of the policeman who lost his life in the line of duty, protecting polio teams.’
Discussion on agenda points:
Many more clubs across both districts celebrated world polio day this year and participated in preparedness activities for November NIDs. Ulema workshops have been held in Karak-KP, Karachi and Mansehra.
Provincial Task Force Meeting in Peshawar.
National Chair briefed about the proceedings of Provincial Task Force Meeting in Peshawar. He said a separate meeting was also held with the Chief Secretary KP just before the main meeting along with Dr. Zainulabedin TL WHO and Hamesh Young TL UNICEF. He said the Chief Secretary is a seasoned bureaucrat and knows all District Officers by name. He is committed to eradicate polio from the country and assured us that he will utilize his all energies to kick off this crippling disease.
Interactive session with partners & KP Resource Center Coordinators
Interactive session held in Peshawar for the three Resource Center Coordinators of Mansehra, Nowshera and Bannu, with polio partners Team Leads. National Chair said the interactive session provided an opportunity to discuss ground realities and challenges faced by polio teams.
Shifting of PTP from Rawalpindi to Dolly Check post Rajanpur
AG Nosherwan informed that the PTP has been shifted to Dolly check post Rajanpur.
Shifting of Two PTPs from Bhagiari to Ghulam Khan Check post South Waziristan
CDG Rauf Rohaila was given the task during the last review meeting to move the PTPs. He informed us that shifting is in process.
National Chair once again requested all Rotary Clubs to initiate camps after SNIDs/NIDs to cover missed children and no permission will be granted to hold camp during campaign days.
Polio Cases from South Punjab
PDG Saeed Shamsi pointed out that two new WPV1 cases from Rahimyarkhan and DG Khan surfaced and that the whole belt of Southern Punjab is in dire need of attention.
Trustee/ National Chair highlighted the importance of Central Pakistan which comprises of Southern Punjab, Northern Sindh and Western Balochistan. Each of these districts need attention, as border meet with one another and migratory population passes through these areas.
He said, on my pointing out the importance of this triangle WHO has appointed one official for Central Pakistan to cater to the migratory population.
The involvement of Ulema before the NIDs is very important. National Chair gave an example of Mansehra where the Resource Center conducted an Ulema workshop a day before NIDs to disseminate polio messages and involve local influential in NIDs for prompt action.
Permanent Immunization Centers (PICs) in Islamabad
PDG Pervaiz Ahsan informed the participants that he is running two PICs in surrounding areas of Islamabad. Asher Ali will visit these centers when he is next in Islamabad.
Action Points going forward:
The agenda of the upcoming review meeting and the minutes of the last meeting must be circulated two days in advance. (Action: Asher Ali)
Trustee/ NPPC Chair thanked all participants for their time and active participation in the meeting.